Wednesday, May 1, 2013

First Post!!

Hello Everyone, and welcome to my blog.  I am a first time blogger, so forgive me if I am not doing this right.  I will be learning as I go.  I am going to take you on my journey as a runner, mom, nurse and football coaches wife... busy, fun, exciting and challenging at times as well!

Where to begin... I have two children who I absolutely adore, and who consume my world.  They have taught me so much, and I am thrilled to be able to call myself their mom.  I am also a nurse currently working nights in the neurology department, which is extremely busy and challenging!!  My husband is a teacher/football coach and is very passionate about his career, and very very busy.  Never underestimate the time and dedication a coach puts in for their players.

I used to run quite often, although my running mostly consisted of me trying not to die while my running partners/friends sped miles ahead of me.  I then got pregnant with my second child, and I am sorry to say I am not one of those "run while you are pregnant" kind of gals, and fell of the wagon for a while... and by a while I mean until just last week (my youngest is 15 months... so 9 months of pregnancy + 15 month old baby=you do the math).  Not proud.  So, here's the plan... I am pretty sick of feeling 'bleechhhh' about myself, and I have a vision and a goal... I have thrown out all of the bad stuff from my fridge and cupboards, and filled it with fresh fruits, veggies and whole grains, and have committed myself and family to a healthier diet.  I also have run one 5k, signed up for one more in June and am planning on a half marathon in my very near future.  Last week I ran/walked an average of 3 miles/day for 5 days and this week so far is on the same track.  I will keep you updated on my progress and let you know more details of my plan in a future post, but for now let's keep it simple.  Since I have started running/eating healthier last week, I quite honestly feel soooo much better, and have more energy.  I have no idea how much weight I have lost, if any (I do not own a scale... note to self, probably should invest in one).  Last I weighed myself I had a little over 10 lbs of baby flab left to go... so close!!  But, as my husband tells me, "don't worry about the weight, worry about becoming a better athlete, and the weight will take care of itself"... he's right.  So, let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment